Positively Ayurvedic offers many services to help those interested in preventive healthcare AND those seeking relief from chronic symptoms. We utilize ancient Ayurvedic principles to assist patients fueled by a commitment to long-term health transform on a very deep level.
With guidance from Positively Ayurvedic, you will learn to heal yourself of many of modern life’s maladies. You’ll take charge of your life and start making better choices.
While you can take advantage of a therapy or belief transformation session on its own, most patients benefit from a more comprehensive, customized program and an initial understanding of their body’s individual constitution and imbalances. Here’s how the process works.
- Book an Appointment Contact Positively Ayurvedic to schedule your Initial Consultation with Karen Callahan or to ask questions that will help you determine which approach is best for you.
- Complete and Submit Your History After booking your appointment, you will receive a confirmation email, which includes a general intake form for completion and submission at least 24 hours prior to the appointment.
- The Initial Consultation ($295) – During the two-hour visit, Karen will review the paperwork with you and will analyze your tongue, pulse, abdomen, physical traits and tendencies. The goal of this first, important meeting is to understand your physical, mental and emotional make-up and any short-term or long-term symptoms you may be experiencing. From this information, Karen can determine your body’s constitution at conception and any imbalances that may be threatening your long-term health.
- The Report of Findings (Included in Initial Consultation) – One week after your initial consultation, Karen will present her findings to you during a one-hour appointment. This session will include a personalized treatment plan and suggested herbal formulas if needed. Recommendations may include healing body treatments and follow-up visits to help patients learn new concepts, habits and techniques and reinforce new routines.
- Follow-up Visits ($90 each 1 hour session / $300 for four) Ayurveda is a long-term approach to health. Ongoing support is an essential part of the process. Follow-up visits help keep your healthy transition on track through weekly, bi-weekly or monthly appointments. Once your health is in balance or your habits are on track, visits are recommended once or twice a year for treatment modification or body therapies. Through it all, Karen will serve as your guide, counselor and cheerleader.
Your personalized plan may include one or more of the following therapies or sessions:
Traditional abhyanga massage is designed to clear lymph channels, dislodging harmful toxins from the body and reducing muscle ache often associated with toxic build-up. Customized herbal oils are used to provide nourishment to the tissues, deep relaxation to the muscles and calmness to the mind.
This is not a deep tissue massage or Swedish massage. It is a gentle, soothing method of healing and a true treat for the spirit.
This customized healing session may include spot-specific massage, aromatherapy, acupressure, mantras and/or pranic healing to help remove energetic blockages from 107 marma points throughout the body.
Marmas are energy centers located at joints, chakras and other key points of the body. When stress and attachment accumulate at a marma point, a person’s awareness and energy gets blocked. Marma therapy reduces stress (especially points on the head, neck and chest) and promotes relaxation and meditation. It releases negative emotions and mental blockages, restoring the free flow of subtle energy. Most importantly, it improves immunity and tissue rejuvenation, awakening the body’s innate healing powers.
Luxuriate as warm oil customized just for you streams gently over your forehead, enabling you to relax and still your inner mind. This peaceful process is based on the ancient practice of the Shirodhara (shiro means “head” and dhara means “flow.”) It is an age-old Ayurvedic therapy used to treat everything above the neck, including insomnia, facial wrinkles, hormonal imbalances, Parkinson’s, ADD and ADHD, travel fatigue, anxiety, and most disorders of the nervous system.
While traditional Shirodharas are practiced with copper equipment, Positively Ayurvedic prefers the extra stillness and comfort afforded by the modern Cristalmind system. Patients are encouraged to bring a 16 oz. container to transport excess treatment oil home with them. Get $5 off any future Shirodhara treatments when you bring your oil back with you.
Beliefs are powerful healing tools that can change our lives, our health, and as science is beginning to discover, even our genetic tendencies. As important as beliefs are, changing them is often difficult. It takes more than just clicking our heels and repeating a positive message in order to make our affirmations come true. Sometimes we need assistance in framing belief statements that truly resonate with us on a deeper level.
Utilizing PSYCH-K® muscle-testing and right-left brain integration techniques, Karen will help you identify and frame your belief statements and integrate them into your subconscious for maximum results.